As I promised in my previous post, here are some tips & sample questions for all four exams, which might be useful for you if you are planning to appear for the Google AdWords Individual Qualification Exams in near future.
• First & most important tip is- READ COMPLETE TRAINING MATERIAL COURSE provided FREE by Google (at AdWords Certification Program Learning Center covering Fundamentals & 3 Advanced topics). Reading this training course will be really very helpful even if you have a good practical experience in managing AdWords campaigns. You might find certain questions which are theoretical, definitional & simple data like which can only be answered if you have read the material.
• This time you can find more questions about techniques and strategies. So, be prepared for advanced level of optimization techniques.
• There were some really tough questions related to MCC, MCC account hierarchy & AdWords API, so do work hard in this area.
• You should have a good understanding of Analytics. There will be questions related to Google analytics covering topics like Goal, funnels, filters etc. AdWords Learning Center material has already covered these topics so you should not be worried about it. Also, analytics related questions will not be tough for you if you have hands-on experience in this area.
• There will be a good number of questions related to billing, payments, account access level and account management, so read these topics carefully.
• For some answer choices, it may seem that two of the four options are both possibly correct answers. However, because you may choose only one answer, you must discern which answer is the best choice. So, I would advise you to read all the options carefully before answering the question in one go without reading the other options. So, READ ALL THE OPTIONS carefully.
• Never leave a question blank. There is no negative marking & it is better to guess than to leave an answer blank. As you move through the exam and you find questions that stump you, you the “Mark Question [M]” option in the testing center browser, choose an answer you suspect may be correct, and then move on. When you have answered all of the questions, you are given the option to review your marked questions.
• Don’t waste your time in laboring over one question as difficult questions & easy questions are worth the same importance in your exam.
• You have to download the Google testing center browser to start your test & when launched, the Testing Center Browser opens to a full screen which will prevent you from navigating to other web pages or windows. Existing applications will be suspended while the browser is running. So, don’t think of cheating .
Now, here are some sample questions from each area I remember: (I am not writing the multiple choices here)
Google Advertising Fundamentals Exam sample questions:
• In “Impression” & “Reach, what is Reach?
• If you want to reduce your avg. CPC then what should be the action plan?
• Anny creates a Google AdWords ad for her company. She wants to avoid showing her ad when users search for free, cheap, or crack. How can she do this with a keyword match type?
• Which tool allows you to specify certain hours or days of the week when you want your AdWords ads to appear?
• Are demographic options available for campaigns that are only running on the Search network?
• Is Display Network targeting required to run a mobile image ad?
• What is the benefit of using Display ad builder?
• Using phrases like “hurry!,” “limited time,” and “special offer” would impact the CTR?
• Should we use standard banner ads as the opening image for video ad?
• What should be your action plan if you find that interaction rates are declining for your video ad?
Search Advertising Advanced Exam sample questions
• Which tool works best for advertisers whose goals are mostly ROI oriented?
• What geographic targeting options are available for video ads?
• Does the quality score of your Display network affect the quality score of search network?
• What would be the appropriate account access level to assign a co-worker who also needs to log onto the AdWords account to make changes and manage access levels?
• What would be the first element of a video ad that a user will see?
• Jenifer’s immediate goal is to increase clickthrough rate what can be the most appropriate optimization strategies?
• John is reviewing her Google AdWords account and notices that his ad has received a considerable amount of clicks. Upon further review, John realizes that on some days the amount of clicks were considerably more than what his daily budget has allowed. What is the most likely reason of why this is happening?
• Consider an advertiser that is trying to sell more designer dresses. The advertiser has identified keywords for the ad groups: designer dress, branded designer dresses, and designer shoes. Which keyword wouldn’t be a good choice to include in the ad group designer dress?
• How would an advertiser determine most profitable keywords within a campaign?
• MCC user wants to link a new client account into MCC, what will be the first step in order to start the process?
• An API user of a given AdWords account is not able to view that account thru AdWords interface, the likely reason could be?
• What is the benefit of using adwords editor?
Display Advertising Advanced Exam sample questions
• What is a benefit an advertiser gets only if they have separate campaigns for the search and the display network?
• When using keyword targeting on the display network, an ad’s position is dictated by the maximum CPC of the ad group and…………..?
• Which of the following bidding options is best suited to an advertiser focusing on branding?
• One benefit of placement targeting on the Google display network is?
• An advertiser is not interested in branding, but primarily in getting cost effective conversions from a display campaign. The advertiser should use….?
• Which of these techniques you can use to ensure that your display ads do not appear on less relevant sites?
• Which of the following is only available for ads created using display ad builder?
• What is a possible reason why a maximum CPA set by the advertiser be exceeded?
Reporting & Analysis Advanced Exam sample questions
• Your customer wants you to create a Google AdWords report that will show them how many times the ads were shown and the actual cost-per-click rate. What type of report can you create for the client?
• An advertiser enabled conversion optimizer & notices decrease in number of conversions, what can be the possible reason?
• Up to _____ different conversion tracking types can be set up, with different monetary values assigned to each one?
• Which report in analytics helps advertiser to identify which pages should be optimized?
• Which AdWords tool allow user to view statics on keywords in account like cost & CTR?
• Which adwords feature is compatible with conversion optimizer?
• A visitor clicks on an AdWords ad and purchases a gadget. The next day they return by typing the website address into their browser address bar, and then make another purchase (this time a different gadget). How are the conversions measured in AdWords?
I studied for almost 12 to 14 hours to pass these exams with respectable scores and would recommend each one of you to have adequate preparation before taking it up. Passing the exams with great scores is always a plus as it provides more confidence within you. I obtained more than 88% in all the exams and hope good scores for you too.
Apart from the tips & sample questions, if anybody has any question, just leave a comment or drop me a note.
Best of luck!